Whether you teach in a public or private school, you’ll want an educators professional liability insurance Houston, TX policy to cover your back. If you’re not sure where to start with finding one, start at Texas Insurance Agency. We work with many local insurance companies to provide our clients with as many options as possible. We’ll help you find the best educators professional liability insurance plan that will satisfy your needs.
What is professional liability insurance?
This is a type of insurance for companies and individuals that provide professional and personal services. It is also called errors and omissions (E&O) insurance. As a result, it protects them from possible financial losses by covering errors, negligence, and services that aren’t provided.
If a client sues a service provider because of a mistake or lack of care in the process of providing their service, for example, professional liability insurance would help pay for the defense costs and any settlements or judgments that are made against the professional. These kinds of cases can happen to any business or expert that offers a service, so it’s important for those businesses to have this kind of insurance.
Now, how does this apply to teachers? Teachers are also considered an expert who provides services. They teach and instill knowledge into their students, whether they’re young children or young working adults. The right professional liability insurance plan can protect you in case there’s backlash from a mistake during your lessons.
Texas Insurance Agency can help you assess what types of business insurance you need. We help our clients protect their livelihoods by finding the right plans at an affordable rate. Learn more about your options when you call our team to schedule a meeting. Contact us now to get started, or get a free quote and see where you stand.
What is Educators Professional Liability Insurance Houston, TX?
Educators Professional Liability Insurance is a special kind of insurance plan made to protect teachers and other people who work in the education field from possible legal problems. This includes claims of carelessness, mistakes, and omissions made while they were providing their expert services.
For example, if a student gets hurt in the classroom and the teacher is blamed for not taking care of the child, this insurance would help pay for the teacher’s defense. In addition, it can guard against claims of failing to teach, unfair suspension, civil rights violations, and more.
This kind of insurance is very important because it protects teachers, tutors, managers, and other people who work in education financially against a wide range of legal issues that might come up while they’re doing their jobs. Most of the time, schools or towns offer it, but teachers can also buy their own policies. Our team can help you, whether you’re the institute or a teacher, find the perfect plan for your protection.
Reasons to Get This Insurance Coverage
You never know when an insurance plan will come in handy. Instead, you should anticipate the worst happening and get insurance to prevent it from coming to that point. Here are some reasons why teachers should get malpractice insurance:
- Legal Protection: If teachers are sued for things like negligence, failing to teach, improper handling of student records, or other legal problems, they will be given a defense, even if the claim is not true.
- Liability Cost Coverage: The insurance covers legal fees and losses if someone sues you while you are providing educational services.
- Protects Your Job: This insurance protects teachers in case the school, county, or teachers union doesn’t protect them or back them up in a claim.
- Peace of Mind: This insurance would give teachers peace of mind because they would know they have a safety net. This would let them focus on their main job, which is to teach kids.
- Coverage Outside of School: This coverage also covers things that happen outside of school, like field trips or community service projects.
- Affordability: The premiums for this kind of insurance are usually very reasonable, and in some cases, you may be able to subtract them from your taxes as a work-related expense.
- Coverage on Their Own: If teachers don’t think their employer’s liability insurance protects them well enough, or if they work for themselves and don’t have that coverage, they can get their own policy.
Other Types of Insurance You May Want to Check Out
Besides educators professional liability insurance, teachers might also want to look into the following other types of insurance:
- General Liability Insurance covers other probable events like a student getting hurt in the classroom. It pays for medical bills or lawsuits that happen because of damage to property or harm to someone.
- Personal Property Insurance for teachers includes laptops and other teaching tools that could get broken or stolen while they are in the classroom.
- When you buy Umbrella Insurance, you get extra risk protection on top of what your general liability insurance covers. It helps if a teacher is being sued for a lot more money than what their standard plan covers.
Remember that insurance laws and rules can be different from state to state and school district to school district. That’s why it’s important for teachers to read their contracts or job agreements carefully and talk to a licensed insurance expert to make sure they’re properly protected.
We’ll Help You Today
Keep your finances in check and above your bottom line with the right insurance coverage. Texas Insurance Agency can help you buy the policies that will work best for you. Call our office today to get started. Our Houston office can help you get the educators professional liability insurance you need.
Houston, Texas Fun Facts:
- There are over 150 museums in the city.
- There are 19 museums in the Museum District downtown.
- The most visited museum is the Houston Museum of Natural Science.