Trucking liability insurance Houston, TX is an important part of any trucking or transport service business. If you’re in the trucking business, you’ll want enough coverage to protect your drivers, trucks, and the goods you’re transporting. Without it, your business may go bankrupt or in financial straits until you can recover from the damage. With the right trucking liability insurance, you can recover faster and maintain your bottom line.
Texas Insurance Agency can help you find the right amount of coverage you need to stay on the road. We work with many local insurance companies to bring you as many affordable options as possible. Check out all of your available options when you contact our office. We have all the tools we need to help you secure enough insurance to protect your business from the inside out.
If you’re not sure where to start with finding the perfect trucking insurance options, we’re here to help! Our experts have years of experience working with various businesses in the trucking industry. We’ll show you all of your options so that you can make an informed decision for your business. Get started today with a free quote to see where your rates will start.
Trucking Liability Insurance Houston, TX is Only the Start
People or businesses that work in the trucking field are most likely to need this type of insurance. This includes truck drivers who work for themselves, haulers, commercial freight companies, haulage agents, and sometimes companies that run their businesses with trucks. Basically, any business that owns a truck or a fleet of trucks usually needs to have trucking liability insurance to protect itself from the high costs of accidents.
What is trucking liability insurance?
It’s a type of business auto insurance that pays for injuries and damage that a truck driver might cause to other people in an accident. Most of the time, the insurance would pay for hospital bills, tow trucks, and sometimes damage to property that the truck driver might be legally responsible for. Because trucks are so heavy and can damage things, this protection is required in many places in the world.
However, you’ll need to remember that damages to the truck or injuries to the driver are generally not covered by this plan. These things might be covered by other plans. Trucking liability insurance will only cover what happens while your trucks are on the road or when they appear in an accident. By state law, you’ll need a minimum amount of liability coverage when driving a business vehicle.
In Texas, the type of freight that a commercial car is hauling affects the minimum amount of liability insurance that it must have. When it comes to dangerous materials or transporting goods between states, these numbers can change. So, truck drivers should get personalized advice to make sure they have enough insurance to follow all local, state, and federal rules. Our team of experts can help you ensure you comply with all the laws and rules.
What Are Other Trucking Insurance Options?
Trucking liability insurance is only part of what you need to protect your trucking business. In addition to trucking liability insurance, other types of trucking insurance cover things like the following:
- Physical Damage Coverage – If your truck gets damaged in a crash, this insurance will pay to fix it. This is the opposite of trucking liability insurance, which covers the cost of the other party’s repairs and medical bills.
- Motor Truck Cargo – This plan protects the goods that the truck is hauling. During shipping, if things get broken or lost, the insurance will pay for it.
- Bobtail Insurance – This type of insurance covers the truck when it’s not being sent out on a job, like when it’s being driven without a trailer or when it’s on its way to pick up another load after making a delivery.
- Non-Trucking Liability Insurance: This covers the personal use of a business truck when it’s not on the road. For example, this option will cover the repairs if something happens to the truck while it’s waiting for dispatch and gets caught up in a fire, theft, or vandalism.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance: If an employee gets sick or hurt at work, this insurance pays for their medical bills and some of their lost wages. Workers’ comp can also protect you from lawsuits if a staff or team member sues you for work-related injury or illness.
- Trailer Interchange Insurance: This type of insurance covers damage or loss to trailers that are being pulled as part of a deal of trailer interchange.
- Umbrella Insurance: An umbrella policy gives you more security than your regular liability policies. The ceiling is much higher, and it covers more than just claims about your truck and/or cargo. This won’t replace your standard trucking liability insurance but will kick in once your normal plan reaches its limits.
Remember that the right mix of coverage for you will depend on how you run your trucking business. Of course, only liability insurance is mandated by law, but we suggest getting additional coverage to protect your business. That way, your business will be protected from all angles. Discuss the details of protecting your trucking business with every needed insurance plan with our experts today.
Before You Start Trucking
Before you get to some serious trucking, you want the best trucking liability insurance in place first. Texas Insurance Agency has some of the best options available for you. All you have to do is call our office to schedule a meeting, and we’ll get right to finding coverage options for you.
Our Houston office has years of experience helping clients who work in the trucking industry. We’ll be able to show you all the best options to protect your business and more. Let’s get started by finding you the right trucking liability insurance.
Houston, Texas Fun Facts:
- Other than space and oil, Houston is known for its food scene.
- Houston has over 10,000 food options.
- Westheimer Road alone has over 3,500 of them.