Getting any amount of insurance small business Houston, TX isn’t a scam. If anything, it’s a smart decision because it protects your business’s financial bottom line. The right business insurance coverage can help your small business weather through the roughest times when issues, such as fires, natural disasters, or some other calamity, hit your business. Texas Insurance Agency can help you discern how much and which insurance small business you need.
Why is insurance small business important?
There are a number of reasons why even small businesses with fewer assets and risks need the right business coverage:
- Protecting your assets: Insurance can keep your business safe from lawsuits, theft, natural disasters, and other things that could cost you money.
- Legal needs: The law says you have to have certain kinds of insurance. For example, companies with workers usually need workers’ compensation insurance in case someone gets hurt or sick on the job.
- Obligations: If you rent a business place, your landlord may ask you to have property insurance. You may also need to have certain types and amounts of security before some clients will do business with you.
- Continuity: Some types of insurance, like business interruption insurance, can help you keep your business going if certain things happen.
- Protecting your workers: Health and disability insurance can help protect your employees and make your business a better place to work, which can help you hire and keep good employees.
- Risk management: Insurance is an important part of a complete risk management plan because it protects you financially in case something bad happens.
As you would expect, insurance is an important part of protecting your business, whether you’re a small start-up or a large corporation. Small businesses can focus more on growth and success when they have business insurance. This is because they don’t have to think as much about possible risks. Let Texas Insurance Agency help you find what you need with a free quote today.
Learn More About Insurance Small Business Houston, TX
Insurance small business includes a range of plans that cover losses and liabilities that might happen while the business is running normally. This can help keep the business, its buyers, its workers, and its owner safe from a financial nightmare. What kind of insurance a business needs relies on things like what kind of business it is, where it is located, and whether it has employees.
These are some popular types of insurance for small businesses:
- General Liability Insurance: This will pay for your business’s court fees and damages if it gets sued. It can also cover expenses, such as medical bills or repairs, when another party claims your business is responsible for injuries or damage.
- Business Property Insurance: This will protect your business property from loss caused by things like fire, theft, and vandalism. It’ll also protect your business’s property even if you rent your business’s physical space by covering any items you have in the rented building.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance: This will pay for your workers’ medical bills and other benefits if they get sick or hurt at work. For businesses in fields with higher risk, this can take care of your workers’ well-being.
- Professional Liability Insurance: This type of insurance for your business to cover costs if it is charged for mistakes, negligence, or omissions. Businesses that are in fields that directly affect a client’s finances or well-being often need this kind of insurance, such as consultants, personal trainers, lawyers, or doctors.
- Cyber Liability Insurance: This insurance coverage can keep your company from losing money because of hacks or data breaches. It can also cover any costs it takes to recover your reputation and upgrade your security after a break or issue.
- Business Interruption Insurance: This covers lost income when a disaster forces a business to close for a short time. It can cover any ongoing expenses, such as rent, worker wages, loans, and other bills that you still need to pay off even when your business isn’t in operation.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: This will protect you and your workers from damage and liability if they use a car for work. No matter if you use only one van or truck or have a transport service business, you’ll want auto insurance before you or any of your workers take a vehicle off the driveway to protect against accidents.
Business owners need to think about their business’s risks and insurance needs to make sure they get the best coverage for their business. Texas Insurance Agency can help you determine how much coverage you need and which options are the best for your business. After all, no business is the same, and your plan should be tailored to you.
What Factors Affect the Cost of Insurance?
Insurance small business costs vary depending on things like the type of company, where it’s located, how many employees it has, and what kind and how much coverage it needs.
A business owner’s policy (BOP) usually costs between $500 and $3,500 per year. It covers things like property damage, liability, and company interruption.
One type of liability insurance for a small business can cost between $500 and $2,500 per year. Another type, general liability insurance, can cost between $400 and $1,500 per year.
Because prices vary so much, you need to get quotes from several insurance companies to make sure you get the best coverage for your needs at a price that fits your budget. Texas Insurance Agency provides free quotes for any current or potential client looking for an insurance upgrade.
It’s Time to Get the Coverage You Need
Having the right insurance can ensure that you have a safety net when things go south. Call our office today to learn more about your options. Our Houston office can show you as many options for insurance small business as you need until you find what best protects your business.
Houston, Texas Fun Facts:
- Houston is also called Space City.
- Johnson Space Center serves as a space museum with many attractions of our country’s discoveries.
- The city is home to NASA Mission Control, which is across from the Space Center.