Texas Insurance Agency can help you see if your business needs commercial insurance van Houston, TX coverage. No business is the same, and we can tailor your insurance profile to suit your needs. Get in touch with our office to see if we can find you what you need to protect your business from the unexpected situations life tends to throw at us. You can get started by contacting us or filling out our online form for your free quote today.
How important is commercial auto insurance?
It’s about as important as having personal auto insurance. The main difference between business and personal auto coverage is who owns the vehicle. If your business owns or uses a cargo van, truck, or sedan in your everyday operations, you’ll want to find the right business auto insurance coverage in case of an accident or other vehicular hazard while on the job.
There are different types of business auto insurance options, depending on what type of business you run, the type of vehicles you have and use, and what you’re using them for. Texas Insurance Agency can help you choose the best options for you.
For example, if you use a cargo van to transport goods from one location to another, you’ll want insurance like cargo insurance to protect the goods in case they get damaged during the transfer. We can even point out the best commercial insurance van coverage to protect the van itself. If you use a truck, you might want specific trucking insurance depending on if you’re going a short distance or for the long haul.
Our team is here to help you find exactly what you need at an affordable rate. We’ve partnered with the best local and major insurance companies around. We can provide you with options you might not have known were available to you if you were searching on your own. Contact us today to get started on finding the right types of insurance for you.
What To Know About Commercial Insurance Van Houston, TX
When vans are used for work, commercial van insurance, which is also called commercial vehicle insurance, protects against a number of risks and damages. No matter what you use your van for during your everyday work affairs, you’ll want the right amount of coverage to protect against as many incidents as possible. Coverage varies from insurance company to insurance company, but here are some of the most popular types:
- Liability insurance covers the costs of any harm you cause to other people or their property while driving your business van. Texas requires a minimum amount of auto liability insurance before you can operate a van. Check how much you need from the right authorities.
- Damage to your business van caused by an accident with another car or a collision with an object is covered by collision coverage.
- Comprehensive coverage saves your business van from damage other than collision. Things like theft, crime, fire, natural disasters, and other things you can’t control could cause damage.
- Medical payment coverage protects you and your guests from having to pay for medical bills if you get hurt in a van accident.
- If you are hit by another driver who is at fault in an accident but lacks insurance to pay for all the costs, an underinsured/uninsured motorist policy will protect you.
- Cargo coverage helps cover the cost of the goods or tools your business moves in its vans with cargo coverage. Your business can get the money back if these things get broken or stolen.
- Non-Owned Vehicle Coverage covers people who use their own car for work. If they get into an accident, the company is not responsible.
Remember that the type of van insurance your business needs will depend on how it uses its cars. Most of the time, insurance companies can help you make a policy that fits your wants. When you get a policy, you should always read it carefully to see what it covers and what it doesn’t. You don’t want to make a claim for an incident that your policy doesn’t cover and find out you have to pay for the repairs out of pocket.
Will Your Umbrella Insurance Also Work for A Commercial Insurance Van Policy?
Yes, it will. Umbrella insurance is a type of liability insurance that you can add to your other liability plans, like your general liability or business auto insurance. When these other types of insurance aren’t enough to cover the extra costs of a lawsuit, umbrella coverage can help.
For instance, if your car insurance only covers up to $250,000 and you are found to be at fault in an accident that costs $500,000 to fix, your umbrella insurance can help pay the extra $250,000. It gives you more safety against things like legal fees and lost wages. So, yes, umbrella insurance can be used for car insurance, even business van insurance.
Don’t forget that umbrella insurance isn’t a catch-all plan; it won’t cover everything. It’s made to cover liability risks, so it won’t pay for your own accidents, damage to your own property, or losses that happen at work. For these risks, you should make sure you have the right business insurance.
Let’s Get You Insured
The right tool in the right situation can serve you well. Insurance works the same. Having the right insurance can save you a fortune in case an unexpected incident happens while you’re on the road or even if you’re parked in front of your business. Call us today to learn how we can help you insure your commercial vans.
Our Houston-based agency is always ready to help our clients find exactly what they need. We’ll show you all the options you’ll want to see for your commercial insurance van coverage.
Houston, Texas Fun Facts:
- The JP Morgan Chase Tower is the world’s tallest 5-sided building.
- The Galleria Mall is the largest in Texas and the 9th largest mall in the States.
- The now-defunct Astrodome was the world’s largest non-column building.