For the most affordable insurance coverage in Katy, visit Texas Insurance Agency. We’re a proudly independent insurance agency offering popular contractors insurance near me Katy TX. Experience the difference and see what we can offer you.
A Good Idea For Contractors Insurance Near Me Katy, TX
Insurance is a necessity for any business to achieve its highest potential. Every day is different, and this insurance will provide protection for a company from any damages and liability that may arise.
A contracting business is no different. Whether you’re a large construction company or an independent contractor, contractors insurance near me Katy, TX is a top priority and an essential tool.
- Accidents cannot be avoided, no matter how much effort and care are put into safety. The chance of property damage and bodily injury occurring on a job site is always possible. The right insurance coverage will protect your business in the event of that happening.
In the state of Texas, all contractors are required to carry insurance for their construction business, no matter the operating size.
- Most often, a job cannot begin without providing proof or a certificate of insurance for your business.
This insurance coverage may be required, but it is proven beneficial. It can also ensure success for your business.
- Most potential clients may not want to work with a contractor that isn’t insured.
- This coverage indicates to potential clients that they’re working with a quality contractor. This offers proof that you care about your business and the standard of work being performed.
- This coverage not only protects you but protects the clients. Any damage or injury could potentially result in the client being held responsible.
It doesn’t matter what the size of your business is. Contractors’ insurance is always a smart investment.
- Even with insurance, larger companies may have the financial cushion to protect themselves in the event of damage or a lawsuit. Independent contractors may not be able to afford that level of protection. That’s why this insurance is especially important for independent contractors. This can protect against financial debt since an independent contractor won’t have to cover costs by paying out of pocket.
- Contractor insurance costs for independent contractors tend to be more affordable. It provides the same level of coverage as a big construction business at lower rates.
What Is Covered
Contractors’ insurance coverage typically offers protection for:
- General Liability Insurance: In the event of defective work, damage to property, or injury, this coverage will protect against liability.
- Commercial Auto: This protects any vehicles used for business related use. This will cover any costs associated with damage while transporting tools or materials. This insurance is offered for both single vehicles and a fleet, depending on the size of your business.
Additional coverages that may be required are Workers’ Compensation and Business Owner’s Policy:
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance: This provides insurance protection in the event that an employee is injured while on the job. It will cover the cost of any lost wages and medical bills while an employee is recovering.
- Business Owner’s Policy: This coverage is ideal for small business owners. It offers overall protection for your business from lawsuits and liability claims. It can also protect your building, equipment, and inventory in the event of damage or loss.
- Both of these are typically dependent on the size of the business and the level of work being performed.
Other Coverage To Consider
The most standard contractor insurance will provide the right coverage for your business. But additional concerns may arise that you’ll want to include in your policy.
Builders Risk Insurance protects both builders and contractors. In the event of an incident, this insurance will protect against any property or financial loss.
- Loss includes damage to property or structure. It can also cover any loss of material. This can include loss due to fire, flooding, or theft.
Tool & Equipment Insurance is usually included in a work policy. However, this will only cover up to a certain amount. Separate coverage is available to provide protection for tools and equipment that exceed the initial amount.
- This coverage is available for equipment such as generators, welders, etc. It will cover the cost of repair or replacement in the event of damage or loss.
For larger construction companies, Commercial Umbrella Insurance Policies may be a wise investment. These policies can offer wider coverage options:
- If you have visitors to your office or employees visiting a customer’s home to perform work.
- These policies provide protection in the event of a visitor injury or any damage to a customer’s property.
Texas Insurance Agency knows there are a lot of policy options available. As much as we love insurance, we know not everyone may share our enthusiasm. This goes double for Contractors’ Insurance, which can be difficult to navigate. With that in mind, let us do the work to find exactly what you need for your success.
An Insurance Agency That Works For You
Texas Insurance Agency is a proudly independent company conveniently located in Katy. We work hard for our clients and the businesses we represent. Our goal is to establish policies that fit your needs, budget, and overall satisfaction.
It’s our responsibility at Texas Insurance Agency to provide the best insurance rates available in a fast, fun manner. We’ll do the leg work and tailor a policy that’s right for you.
Nobody wants to pay for insurance they don’t need. Unlike the big insurance companies, our agents work for you to craft a policy with only the coverage you need. No hassle, no headaches – only peace of mind.
We do this by listening to your concerns and finding the right policy protections to address that. Your success is our success, and our goal is to craft a policy that fits your needs and budget. We firmly believe this dedication to our clients is the reason for our success.
The independent agents and brokers at Texas Insurance Agency are experts when it comes to policy. It is our responsibility to secure strong coverage for your business.
Fun Facts About Katy, TX:
- Katy was once called “Cane Island” after Cane Island Creek.
- The name Katy supposedly comes from the M-K-T Railroad that passed through town.
- The first post office in Katy was built in 1896.