Home Insurance Agency Katy TX
Are you a new homeowner who is googling Home Insurance Agency Katy TX to prepare for the big exciting move? Texas Insurance Agency loves working with new homeowners. However, our team recently realized that many homeowners, new and old, do not know what’s covered under homeowners insurance. Therefore we have made it a mission to educate our clients on this topic.
Home Insurance Agency Katy TX
Home insurance is a type of property insurance that ensures the structure of your home and the contents in the house if the event of a destructive event. The coverage covers damages to your home and any of your liability for injuries or property damage to others. When a person starts the process of buying a house, they must provide proof of insurance for the property. The owner has the option of acquiring homeowner’s insurance separately or through the lender who’s responsible for the mortgage. The lender will then add the insurance payment to the monthly payments.
Here are some vocabulary words every potential homeowner should learn to make the home buying process smoother (Although there are many more, we feel these words are important):
- Escrow – The funds which homeowners pay to the lender with their mortgage payments. The money goes to a trust fund that the lender starts for the buyer. These funds cover annual expenses such as insurance premiums, taxes, hazard insurance premiums, and special assessments.
- Home Warranty – A contract that covers the costs for repairs or the replacement of home systems and major appliances. A warranty is different from an insurance policy and usually expires after 12 months. Although this contract isn’t mandatory, it covers the poor maintenance and the wear and tear problems that are not covered by homeowners’ insurance.
- Liability Limit – Determines the amount of coverage that the insured has in case an incident occurs. $100,000 is the set standard limit; However, you can purchase a policy with a higher limit.
- Closing Costs – These include the various expenses accrued during the transfer of the ownership process from the owner to the buyer for the real estate. The closing day is when the seller and buyer pay their fee.
What’s Not Covered
Although homeowners’ insurance covers various types of damage to your home, the policy can exclude a few types of disasters. For example, general homeowners insurance does not cover flood insurance or earthquake insurance; However, you can purchase separate policies to protect your home from flooding or an earthquake. There is also an individual policy to cover the wear and tear issues of your major appliances.
About Our Company
We have approximately one hundred years of experience collectively in the insurance industry. Additionally, our affiliation with over fifty top insurance companies allows us to extend the following types of coverage to our customers: auto, business, life, flood, motorcycle, and boat insurance. We can assist in helping you find the best comprehensive package for your family and your property. Contact us today and save yourself the time and overwhelming stress of finding the best policy and quote for your budget.
Here is some information on the owners of our agency:
- Roland Gardner, CIC – Roland graduated from Lamar University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Education minoring in Speech/Communication and Life/Earth Science. Additionally, he graduated from the University of Houston – Clear Lake with a Master of Science degree in School Administration with an emphasis on Mid-Management. Although Roland started his professional career as a teacher then a principal, he changed the direction of his career and became an Allstate Insurance Agency Owner in 1997. After receiving multiple honors, Rolland decided to sell his agency. Then, after a much-needed vacation, he decided to start his own insurance agency. As a result, Texas Insurance Agency was born.
- Jeffery Folgleman – Jeffery started his journey in the insurance industry as an apprentice at his father’s Farmers Insurance Group Agency. He spent two years at his father’s agency where he learned the ins and outs of the industry. Jeffery became the agency’s manager is was responsible for acquiring over 4,000 policies for the firm. In 1998, Jeff aspired to start his own agency with Allstate Insurance Company. In 2003, he awarded his father the opportunity to retire by purchasing his father’s agency. However, after ten years, Jeffery sold his agency and set out to become an independent insurance agent. Today, Jeffery is a partner of the Texas Insurance Agency and is currently involved in the day-to-day operations.
Contact Us Today
We know the importance of quality and affordable insurance. Contact us today and see the various ways we can cover your family and property. For more information our company and its services, please contact us at 281.398.1010 or visit our website here. In addition to contacting us, you can visit our office at 21430 Provincial Blvd, Katy, TX 77450.
Did You Know
- Homes near fire departments and fire hydrants cost less to ensure.
- A homeowner can reopen a claim after you receive a check from an insurance company.
- An insurer cannot cancel your policy without good reason.
- Aggressive labeled dog breeds make it harder to buy comprehensive homeowners insurance.
- Homeowners insurance sometimes do not cover your remodeling project.
- Your mortgage lender may limit the size of your insurance deductible.
Fun Facts about Katy
- Katy is in Harris County and is 16 miles northwest of Sugar Land, Texas and 27 miles west of Houston, Texas.
- Once known as Cane Island, Katy was initially the hunting ground for Karankawa Native American Tribe, the winter hunting ground for herds of buffalo, flocks of wild ducks and other wildlife.
- The city was officially incorporated in 1945 and was named after the Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad that was often referred to as “K-T Railroad)
- Katy, TX today is home of the “Biggest Mums.” A Homecoming Mum (Mum is short for Chrysanthemum), is a flower attached to some kind of backing with multiple colorful ribbons and garland. Each year, teenagers in high school prepare to wow their friends with the biggest and most unique designs that display their school pride.
- The city is home of the Forbidden Gardens. The Forbidden Gardens is an outdoor museum that replicates multiple historical scenes of China.
- For more information about this city, visit the official website here.